Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Weekend

Fourth of July fell on a Saturday this year so like most, I had Friday off. In order to start the holiday weekend, I decided to have a small-ish July 3rd party. Most of my girlfriends showed up as per usual, but we were seriously lacking in male ratio so it kind of ended up being a "Girl Party". My friend Tina arrived from San Jose late in the evening so had to be subjected to our alcohol induced conversations on men and sex. She was surprised to find that all of us were still single - being the fabulous, professional, emotionally & financially stable women that we are! Tina thinks we have enough material to do our own Sex In The City type show! Sex In Seattle? No Sex in Seattle? How To Get Sex? Hmmmm. Will have to think about that.

On Saturday, we walked around Greenlake to get a little exercise. It was a great day in Seattle. Beautiful weather and lots of people out enjoying it! Later in the afternoon we headed over to my friends place on Lake Union, the Neptune Building. Her building has a great 4th of July party on the rooftop and we knew that would be a great place to view the fireworks show over Lake Union. Plus... the party was only $7 for all the food and drink. An amazing deal any way you look at it! The party was great, highly organized and you know how I love that! There were several outdoor grills with burgers and dogs. There was a station for pulled pork and some other amazing simmering meats. Corn on the cob, pasta salad, cole slaw, fruit and veggies. Yum! There were several kegs with an assortment of beer and a DJ spinning tunes all night. We danced, met some new people, had a great view of the city and an amazing fireworks show!

On Sunday, Tina and I headed over to Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe for breakfast. One of my favorite haunts for weekend grub! As we were eating, I got a text from some other friends who were going to brunch at Campagne in Post Alley of Pike Place Market. We decided to join them for the champagne (hold the brunch, we already ate!) and had a nice time visiting and re-capping our weekend stories. Tina and I then walked thru the Pike Place Market to see what was going on there. I don't really go there except when visitors are in town so it's nice to walk thru every once in a while and feel like part of the tourism. Today was particularly busy! Streets were closed to vehicle traffic and extra booths lined the market. I think I got some good photos of the market and its offerings. Again, a beautiful day in Seattle. Sunny and hot - like summer should be!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I knew you'd find something to do on the Fourth!